If you’ve been carrying around the idea that moving into a senior living facility is “giving up” on life, you haven’t heard of Good Shepherd Home! When you join the Good Shepherd community, you open the door to years that can only be described as “golden.” Here are just a few ways your vision of the good life can become a reality.
You love your family, and they may be more than happy to provide you with long-term housing or care. However, even in the best of circumstances, it’s only natural to carry the feeling that you are a burden to your loved ones as they work to meet your needs while carrying on with other responsibilities in their phase of life. Free yourself of any uncertainties, relational awkwardness, or self-imposed guilt by living somewhere designed expressly for your needs, way of life, and enjoyment. When your loved ones visit and see how much fun you’re having, they’ll feel great about your choice, too!
Imagine how refreshing it would feel to be surrounded by people who “get” you! At Good Shepherd, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with a pool of potential new friends with whom to laugh, have fun, and share life stories and memories. By sharing daily life together, you and other Good Shepherd residents will develop deep and rewarding relationships like none you’ve experienced in years.
Wouldn’t it be great to go out to eat for every meal, but have that food be healthy, affordable, and just steps from your door? Or, if you prefer to think about it this way, the flavor and comfort of a family table every time you sit down to eat? Meals at Good Shepherd are the best of both worlds—the freshness and goodness of home-cooked meals shared in a fun atmosphere where all your friends gather and none of you have to cook! Pull up a chair and a menu—it’s time to eat at Good Shepherd!
At Good Shepherd, recreation isn’t just about sitting around a television (though we do have plenty, and no one’s judging how often you want to catch your favorite games or shows!) With a host of games, events, social activities, health and fitness classes, and opportunities for spiritual growth, you’ll never use the dreaded “b-word”—bored—again! Here are just a few of the ways you can experience a full lifestyle at Good Shepherd:
- Beautiful chapel hosting ecumenical Christian services and tabernacle with the Blessed Sacrament for Catholic worshippers
- Yoga, Tai Chi, aquatic and other exercise classes and wellness programming
- Aquatic and fitness center with recumbent bicycles, NuStep® cross trainers and other cardio and strength equipment
- 24-acre campus with lovely landscaping, pond with lounging deck, level walking/cart path and outdoor pavilion with picnic tables
- Courtyard gardens and pavilion
- Inviting resident lounges with aviaries and beautiful architecture and views
- Comfortable movie theater
- Casual café and deli with takeout options (charges vary)
- Alberta Hyte Library with computers
- Internet access in all public areas
- Spacious community room for large events and rental use
- Lakewood Barber and Beauty Salon offering styling, manicures and pedicures (charges vary)
Now is the time to have the life you’ve dreamed of—time for freedom, friends, food, and fun, all in a caring atmosphere rooted in the love of Christian fellowship.
Reach out to Good Shepherd if you’re ready to begin the conversation about shifting into senior living, whatever that looks like to you.