Fostoria, OH 44830
Purpose: To assure areas are well maintained and residents are well served as it relates to their non-nursing needs.
Responsible to: Executive Director
1. Must be a high school graduate or GED equivalent.
2. Must have an attitude of caring and compassion for the elderly.
3. Ability to relate to one’s peer group.
4. Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
5. Ability to teach skills to other staff members.
1. Good physical and mental health.
2. Finger and hand dexterity to handle and manipulate instruments and
3. Walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing
and pulling, ability to distinguish smells and temperatures, ability to read and write,
ability to communicate with residents and personnel and ability to remain calm under
4. Must possess a current health certificate examination as required by state agencies.
1. Mature and emotionally stable.
2. Willingness to work with realization that incompetence and errors
have serious consequences for residents.
3. Understanding, patience, and tact in dealing with geriatric residents
and with visitors.
4. Ability to maintain good working relationships with others.
5. Memory for details.
6. Resourcefulness in emergency situations.
7. Works well under general supervision and cooperates well with staff.
8. Participates in In-Services sessions as well as has the desire to
seek additional knowledge to update and enhance own professional and
9. Shows respect for authority as well as co-workers.
10. Abides by the established policies of Good Shepherd Home.
11. Possess coaching, teaching and mentoring skills.
12. Demonstrates ability to empower those reporting to them.
13. Greet others in a friendly manner with a Christ-like demeanor.
14. Provide positive, noteworthy customer service.
15. Anticipate and attend to resident needs.
16. Exceed resident and family expectations.
1. Troubleshoot and address housekeeping and laundry services.
2. Develop and maintain a safe and pleasing living environment.
3. Identify safety hazards and initiate corrective action as necessary.
4. Assist in resident transfers and move-ins.
5. Ensure smooth discharges.
6. Provide personal attention to each new resident, ensuring their satisfaction.
7. Supervision of the housekeepers and laundry assistants in a manner that maximizes quality and efficiency.
8. Recommend staffing patterns and coordinate the scheduling of staff.
9. Provide personal attention to each new resident ensuring their satisfaction.
10. Assist in the supervision of the housekeepers and laundry assistants.
11. Ability to present the Home to others in a way that maximizes the Home’s positive reputation.
12. Attend and participate in Leadership Team meetings and perform needed
13. Attend to facility needs at times of unscheduled or unanticipated events.
14. Other task deemed necessary by Supervisor or Executive Director.